How to create a new show:
- Duplicate this template and change the "Title" to the new show title.
- Fill the Event Details form
- Also add the show date into the "Vendor" field in format "dd mmm yyyy" example - 15 Apr 2019
- Replace the Event Description below
- Replace the event photo in the "Media" section
- Add a price in the Pricing section below
- At the bottom, click "Edit website seo" and enter a short event description
- Change "Product Status" from Draft -> Publish
When a show is over:
- Upload all your show photos to the "Media" section.
- Change the "Theme Template" to "past-shows"
- Under "Collections", add to "Past Shows" and remove from "Upcoming Shows"
|Date||10 Aug 2015
|Venue & Address||
221 NW 10th Ave.
|Door Time||7:00 PM|
|Show Time||8:00 PM – 11:00 PM PDT|
|GA Pre-Order Price||$18|
SoulPatch Music Productions is proud to present the Portland debut of one of the world’s preeminent jazz innovators, trombonist and pioneering seashell virtuoso Steve Turre.
Most people in the US, even ones not familiar with jazz, have heard and seen Steve Turre on TV—the renowned musician has been a member of the Saturday Night Live Band since 1985. However, jazz fans around the world know him as one of the music’s all-time greatest trombonists and innovators who almost single-handedly helped turn seashells from a novelty into a legitimate musical instrument in jazz.
Raised in the Bay area, Steve Turre got his first big break in 1972 getting hired by Ray Charles. The legendary musician later appeared on Mr. Turre’s album “In the Spur of the Moment”. A year later trumpeter Woody Shaw brought him into Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers. Since then Mr. Turre’s resume reads as a who’s who of jazz and pop music—from Dizzy Gillespie, McCoy Tyner, Pharoah Sanders, Cassandra Wilson, Herbie Hancock, Cedar Walton, Regina Carter, James Moody, the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra, Wynton Marsalis, Quincy Jones, Max Roach, Horace Silver, J.J. Johnson, to Tito Puente, Mongo Santamaria, Chucho Valdes, Poncho Sanchez, to Carlos Santana, Van Morrison, Mariah Carey, Lou Rowles, Paul Simon, Joe Pesci and countless others.
He has won the critics’ and readers’ polls in JAZZIZ, JazzTimes, and Downbeat magazines numerous times, including the most recent polls in 2015. He has appeared at virtually all major concert venues around the world, and he was the opener of the star-studded International Jazz Day celebration in 2014 in Japan. Mr. Turre taught for two decades at the Manhattan School of Music and currently teaches at Julliard.
Steve Turre performs at 8pm on Monday August 10th at Jimmy Mak’s located at 221 NW 10th Ave. Joining Mr. Turre are some of Portland's finest musicians-- pianist George Colligan (also a 2015 DownBeat Critics Poll winner in the Rising Star Pianist category), Chuck Israels on bass (who will celebrate his 79th birthday that day), and drummer Charlie Doggett. Tickets are $18 for general admission, $23 for reserved seating.
Date and time